April 2, 2020

Group Update: April 2.

John Forest
ADH2020

The James Farmer project is making good progress. We’ve been continuing to meet so we can ensure that we stay on track with our goals. What I’ve been working on is transcription and captioning one of our oral history videos. The process is taking longer than I had expected, as I keep finding mistakes I made in my original transcript. Overall, I think that i underestimated the amount of time it would take to edit these videos, but this is some of the most fascinating work I’ve done in any history class.


As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I asked one of my friends to look at the code for the Omeka theme we’re using. He told me that there could be problems with the website in the long-term viability. There might be ways around this, still looking into it.